Listed: Nov 18, 2020
Cycling Southland is all about more Southlander’s riding and racing bikes. Each year we deliver an impressive range of events and programmes to enable people to ride and race safely on our roads and indoor track.
Based at the country’s first indoor velodrome in Invercargill, you’ll be involved in all sorts of exciting cycling stuff! You’ll be leading a small and close-knit team who are passionate about cycling in Southland. Key tasks include leading the team, day-to-day office management, general enquiries, accounting management, cash banking, financial reporting, preparation of
funding applications, payroll processing, general administrative support for road and track cycling events and programmes.
This is a unique role in a sporting organisation for someone who loves to work with people and be organised, efficient and productive. You won’t shy away from doing what needs to be done and during the busy times you’ll pride yourself on your ability to juggle multiple tasks, especially during the Tour of Southland event.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have:
- Proven team leadership experience
- Previous experience using Xero accounting software along with welldeveloped MS Office skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills with good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- A strong customer service focus and excellent communication skills
- Plenty of self-motivation and initiative and the ability to find efficiencies in your work
- Appropriate qualifications in accounting and administration management (would be beneficial)
- A knowledge of cycling would be very helpful but not essential
This is a full-time 40 hour per week role however the ability to work on a flexible basis is essential to support the delivery of events/programmes that may fall outside usual business hours, i.e. in the evenings and weekends as required.
You must be a New Zealand permanent resident or citizen to apply for this role.
Applications close on Friday 4th December 2020.
Email applications to