Listed: Feb 19, 2021
- Demonstrate your leadership ability in developing production teams
- Strong organisational skills
Market competitive remuneration package that suits a practical thinker with mechanical aptitude and organisational skills to lead a team. This is a salary based position with the opportunity of participation in a bonus scheme based around KPI’s.
Rainbow Confectionery Ltd is the largest privately owned
manufacturer of confectionery in New Zealand. Our factory
which is located in Oamaru offers a location that has plenty of
lifestyle opportunities and the role offers a chance to build your leadership career.
If you are dedicated and can demonstrate experience in
leading, up skilling and mentoring people and if you have
excellent communication skills and you can adapt your style to work alongside people from all walks of life and you thrive on pressure, then this could be an excellent next step for you!
Your experience working in a manufacturing environment will
be invaluable as you step into a position that will challenge
you and provide lots of opportunity for personal growth and
This is a 4 on, 3 off rostered position reporting to the Production Manager. Hours of work are 5:45pm to 6am, Tuesday to Friday.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Managing staff and resources to their full potential
- Actively working alongside your team, understanding their roles & identifying potential areas for up skilling and coaching
- Working with the production & engineering teams to provide solutions for mechanical or production downtime issues
- Identifying and implementing continuous process improvement initiatives
- Promoting positive Health & Safety behaviours
- Tracking and analysing plant measures to consistently deliver on agreed targets
We are proud to offer learning and mentoring programmes for
our production leaders. You’ll also benefit from the industry
knowledge that our team at the Rainbow Confectionery have.
We have an environment where everyone contributes to the
success of the site.
Position description is available on request.
Applications close on the 5th March 2021 and can be e-mailed to (the 0 in rainbow is a zero) or drop into our reception at 459 Thames Highway, Oamaru 9400
Applicants for this position should have previous manufacturing experience along with NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.