Listed: Jan 07, 2022
Are you an experienced skipper with great people skills, who would like to work for an iconic tourism operator in Queenstown? Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Skipper to drive our modern 130 passenger capacity catamaran on our daily Lake Cruises, providing a safe and enjoyable experience for our guests.
You will be provided regular part-time hours, plus cover for our current Skipper, as required and there will also be occasional evening charter work available.
- Minimum ILM or SRL qualification with <500GT and passenger endorsements
- Demonstrable skills as a skipper, carrying guests
- Keen and able to assist with basic boat maintenance on a regular schedule
- Ability to work both under direction and without supervision
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Current First Aid Certificate, with a strong focus on Health & Safety
- Must be physically fit, and able to manage emergency situations
- Skilled at commentary and story-telling in an entertaining and respectful manner
- Knowledge of the Queenstown region and surrounding areas.
- Current NZ Duty Manager’s Certificate.
- NZ class 1 driver’s licence
Southern Discoveries is a premium tourism company dedicated to sharing some of New Zealand’s most iconic scenery and extraordinary experiences with the world.
The company offers a range of cruises, as well as kayaking and an underwater observatory in Milford Sound, with coach and scenic flight transfers from Queenstown and Te Anau.
In Queenstown, we operate trips on Lake Wakatipu, and also specialise in private charters, conference and incentive packages.
The company operates a number of retail outlets in Queenstown, Te Anau and Milford Sound.
Please email your CV and cover letter to or you can call Rachel 027 547 9073 for further information.