Listed: Jan 12, 2022
Pluck’s Engineering Ltd are an established agricultural engineering business based in Rakaia. We have provided general engineering support and manufacturing to farmers throughout NZ from Ashburton district for over 50 years and specialise in the manufacture of dairy effluent systems and farm equipment which are sold throughout NZ.
We are seeking a suitably skilled and/or experienced trades-person for a Senior position in our Service Division to carry out the installation, servicing and repair of our products, and general on farm engineering services.
For this role we require someone with;
- Sound mechanical aptitude and practical ability, with good welding-skills. A trade qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Working experience in mechanical servicing and repairs, preferably in the agricultural industry. Exposure to pumps and irrigation would be an advantage.
- Full driver’s licence, preferably with Class 2. Forklift endorsement and HIAB experience would be an advantage.
- Physical fitness and agility. This is a physically active role with work done both outdoors on farms and in our well-equipped workshop.
- Flexibility to work extra hours as required to get the job the after-hours call-out roster (paid extra).
- Willingness to work as a team and lead a team.
- Good customer/communication skills to discuss job requirements and complete job administration.
We offer competitive wages which include overtime rates, tool and call-out allowances, and an excellent opportunity for personal advancement.
This is a Senior position and is a very interesting job with lots of variety in your working day and traveling throughout Canterbury district regularly every week with our very well equipped 15 Tonne 4WD HIAB truck.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to or make contact on 03-302 7031 for further information.
Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.