Listed: Nov 20, 2020
Network Waitaki has launched an ambitious new strategy and is excited about the future. We are transforming our business into a modern, customer-centric service provider and are strongly committed to supporting our people and providing a flexible environment where you can succeed and grow.
As part of this strategy, we are now offering Vegetation services and as such, we need to put a new team together to deliver on our strategy. We have two roles we are looking to fill:
This role is responsible for delivering our vegetation management programme, this includes assisting in the development of the vegetation management business, vegetation scoping activities, liaising with landowners and tree owners regarding vegetation management requirements, and ensuring the requirements of the Electricity (Hazards from Trees) Regulations 2003 are met.
This role is responsible for a wide range of vegetation and arborist maintenance activities on and around the network and customer lines.
How do you line up? We need the following for both roles:
- Full NZ Driver’s License Class 4 required
- Relevant arborist qualification (Level 4 Certificate in Arboriculture and/or assessed equivalent)
- 3+ years’ experience as an arborist, including EWP operation and climbing experience
- Good knowledge of vegetation maintenance requirements around overhead distribution systems up to and including 33kV.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of the Electricity (Hazards from Trees) Regulations 2003.
- Familiar with common software applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel) and mobile technology.
Added extras for the Vegetation Co-ordinator role:
- Experience with project costing preferred, but not essential.
- Outstanding organisational and relationship building skills
And we are looking for people who:
- Have a great attitude to life, collaborative and who aligns with our values:
• We care about our People
• We are one Team
• We love our Region
• We are Future Thinking
Due to the nature of work you need to be physically fit to complete their duties safely, including compliance with our Drug and Alcohol policy. Our operation is also 24/7 therefore this role will be required to be available for after-hours and emergency situations as part of the role.
The Application Process:
Candidates must legally be able to work in New Zealand.
For confidential enquires and/or a position description, please
Applications close 30 November 2020