Listed: Nov 18, 2020
We are looking for an experienced office administrator, capable of juggling multiple tasks in a busy environment. Experience in handling deadlines while managing front desk duties would be a strong advantage and excellent attention to detail and accurate typing skills are required. As this role will handle internal and external communications, excellent customer service skills are essential, as are high professional standards of written and spoken English.
About the role
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the main purpose of the position is to ensure that all advertisements are booked, published and billed accurately and effectively into all Allied Press media.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
- Delivering various administration tasks related to all our advertising, including tasks such as advertising bookings, newspaper layouts and customer support.
- Working closely with members of the advertising sales team, accounts department, production/publishing, to undertake a variety of company advertising sales functions and general office duties.
- Office administration, i.e. cash handling, banking.
- Supporting the Sales Manager on a daily basis as required
What we offer
- Great team environment and an opportunity to grow your journalism skills in a competitive atmosphere.
- Regular hours of 27.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 15:00)
- Permanent role in an established business.
- Enjoy being part of a small, dedicated team.
The Position Description is available by email from HR: . Informal inquiries about the role are welcome and should be directed to Katherine McLennan, Advertising and Sales Manager, The Ensign and Southern Rural Life: or call 03 208 8940.
Applications will close on Friday 27 November 2020 although we will be shortlisting as we receive applications, so may close for new applications prior to this date.
To be eligible for shortlisting, you must have the right to live and work in New Zealand. If not a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, any work visa should preferably cover the duration of the contract. Allied Press Limited does not offer visa sponsorship.
All applications will be treated in confidence.