Listed: Jan 10, 2018
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our technology team. Our team supports a complex series of operational systems, with fully computer enabled mission critical workflows to create our products, spanning 16 offices across the South Island. Our operations cover daily newspaper publishing, television, websites and apps. Our systems engineers are generalists, each specialising in a particular area.
• Managing and monitoring computers, networks, servers, devices and our IT infrastructure as part of our team
• Troubleshooting server, network, hardware and software issues
• Installation, configuration and administration of Windows and Linux servers, including AD, DFS, databases, clustering, virtualisation
• Coding/scripting in Python/VBScript/etc to automate workflows and/or develop login scripts
To be successful you will need:
• A computer science or information technology degree
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Be self motivated and have excellent time management skills
• The existing right to live and work in New Zealand
Applicants should have a full drivers license, as some tasks may require travel to our branch offices. The successful applicant will also assist with daily support duties, and take part in an on-call rotation for after hours systems support.
Applications including a CV, cover letter outlining experience and
application form available from:
Applications close Friday, 26 January, 2018.